Friday, September 11, 2009

Grandma's Russian Blue


I have been extremely busy for the last 18 months and my cross stitching time is suffering badly.

I thought I might post over the next couple of months show some of my stitching that I have completed over the years. I am hoping to make some more time for my studying, stitching and fun stuff on the computer, as opposed to work stuff on the computer.

The two photos here show a Russian Blue cat that I stitched for my Grandmother Bevitt. Grandma stitches and knits continously for her ever expanding family. She has 6 children, 18 grandchildren and around 13 great grandchildren!!! (still growing). Some of the great grandchildren are similar ages to the grandchildren.

Any way, I saw the chart in "Cross Stitch Gold" several years ago and bought the magazine straight away. Even though I was in the middle of something else, immediately located some nice fabric and all colours and started stitching as soon as it all arrived.

Once the stitching and framing was finished, hubby and I packed up the 3 boys, jumped in the car and drove 10 hours to where Grandma was living at the time in the Bega region NSW. She was so suprised and loved her cat. Grandma breed cats for many years. Firstly Burmese then the Russian Blues. She won many awards over the years.

Grandma has moved a couple of times since then, but the stitching still hangs in her unit for all to see.

She has been in hospital several times this year. Had sugery early in the year to remove a blood clot between her brain and her skull. Just recently again with a gall bladder infection. Hopefully it will clear up totally or she will be back in again to have that removed.




I hope you have enjoyed my Russian Blue.
Lindy

1 comment:

Gina E. said...

Hi Lindy,
Your grandma would have been thrilled to bits to receive this stunning cross stitch - it is beautiful.
Thanks for commenting on my blue wren - lovely to see you drop by again. It's been a while!