Friday, March 14, 2008

R.I.P Misty

Misty Muir.
From the Ozmalute Kennels
23 May 1992 - 14th March 2008.




We said goodbye to our little girl today. It is sooo hot, somewhere btw 35 - 40 degrees C. She was great last night, in fact has been great since she got home from the vet 3 weeks ago. She had put on weight and her whole coat had come back. She was playing, well as much as she could, and had found her voice again. She had a lot to say and do in the past three weeks.
With the second day of such heat, she became ill again this morning so I rang the vet for an appointment. Within 2 hours I rang the vet and said that she was suddenly going down hill very quickly and I took her in. Tony's Practice are sooo good. They did offer to put her on a drip and more drugs and that sort of stuff, but the weather is not going to get much cooler for a week, it was time to say goodbye to our faithful friend.
Just before she was a year old, Jared was born. In the house where we were living, if we were out at the clothes line I couldn't hear if Jared woke up. Misty could though and she would pace backwards and forwards to the door until I went inside to him. I quickly learnt what she was up to. :-) Until the very end, she always had to know where we all were and that we were o.k.
We are all missing you Misty, but know that you are in a better place and will not suffer this hot weather and your body not doing exactly what you want, any more. Rest In Peace our little girl.

6 comments:

Sally said...

I am so sorry Lindy. {{{{hugs}}}} to you and your family.

Perri said...

Thinking of you all at this time - totally, understand how you are all feeling.
Perri

The Old Man and His Dog said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Misty. My thoughts are with you and I thought I'd share this with you.

Rich



Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

AnnMcD said...

I am so sorry to read of the loss of your pet. We have two Goldens and will be absolutely devasted when we lose either one of them. Thinking of you.

Yellow Jacket Ridge Angoras said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I have saved an email and will share it with you in hopes that it makes you feel some comfort. I know how you feel. I've been stressing over my animals lately and my Lilly won't even go outside. She lays by my side to bring me comfort.

A Dog's Purpose (from a 6-year-old)

Being a veterinarian, I had been called to examine a ten-year-old
Irish wolfhound named Belker. The dog's owners, Ron, his wife, Lisa,
and their little boy, Shane, were all very attached to Belker, and
they were hoping for a miracle.

I examined Belker and found he was dying of cancer. I told the family
we couldn't do anything for Belker, and offered to perform the
euthanasia procedure for the old dog in their home.

As we made arrangements, Ron and Lisa told me they thought it would be
good for six-year-old Shane to observe the procedure. They felt as
though Shane might learn something from the experience.

The next day, I felt the familiar catch in my throat as Belker's
family surrounded him. Shane seemed so calm, petting the old dog for
the last time, that I wondered if he understood what was going on.
Within a few minutes, Belker slipped peacefully away.

The little boy seemed to accept Belker's transition without any
difficulty or confusion. We sat together for a while after Belker's
death, wondering aloud about the sad fact that animal lives are
shorter than human lives.

Shane, who had been listening quietly, piped up, 'I know why'.

Startled, we all turned to him. What came out of his mouth next
stunned me. I'd never heard a more comforting explanation. He said,
'People are born so that they can learn how to live a good life --
like loving everybody all the time and being nice, right?'

The six-year-old continued, 'Well, dogs already know how to do that,
so they don't have to stay as long'.

Nia said...

We lost our beloved Mallie earlier this year. We were so very sad.

We're interested in rescuing another if we can find one in need of rescuing.

*hugs*