Friday, September 14, 2007

Family Heirloom.

My Grandmother stitched this table cloth and matching napkins when she was a young lady. I was the very lucky recipent when I married. My table isn't big enough to show it to its full beauty.

A closer up of the centre piece.












This is stitched in each corner.



This is stitched in middle of each side section and again on each napkin. Grandma has also crocheted the border around every piece as well.
GO GRANDMA and thank you. Not only for this beautiful tablecloth and napkins but also for helping foster my love of stitching.

8 comments:

Nia said...

What a lovely piece of your grandma to have always with you :)

Thanks for visitng my blog also :) It's always great to 'meet' new aussie stitchers :)

Margaret said...

What a beautiful family heirloom. Each time you touch it you must feel your grandmother's presence.

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and your sweet comments about Fred's backside.

Gina E. said...

Oh Lindy, this is sooooo beautiful! You are very fortunate, and I'm glad to hear you treasure it. Hate to think of these ending up at opshops (unless I find them, then it's a good thing, lol)

Aussie Stitcher said...

That is a gorgeous piece for you to treasure.

Dani - tkdchick said...

What a heirloom to treasure!

Pear tree cottage! said...

well Lindi, were are the updates on your stitching I am sure there are many out here looking forward to seeing more of your lovely craft.
Lee-amm

Pear tree cottage! said...

carn't even spell my own name oops! sorry.
Lee-ann

BeckySC said...

Oh WOW! I agree! What a beautiful heirloom!!