Saturday, August 25, 2007

1st posting

Hi,

This is my first time posting and hope that I do ok.
I am sitting here in my kitchen with MY music playing instead of the kids as they are not here. I have the whole house to myself!! A very rare occurance. Craig & J the eldest are at a football breakup, A is at a friends house and will meet us at presentation (for the football; AFL style) tonight and H the youngest is at cub scout leadership camp and won't be home until tomorrow.

I thought I might share a photo of a cross stitch that I completed two years ago. I am in the process of stitching something for each of my boys. This one is a white tiger and was completed for Mr A. He is 12 in October and totally animal crazy. For the last couple of years (and until he says no more) Santa has been sponsoring the Tigers for him at the Melbourne Zoo. Along with this sponsorship, Santa provides entry tickets for the whole family to spend a day at the zoo so that he can go and visit "his" tigers.

5 comments:

Pear tree cottage! said...

Lindy, fantastic, well done. Here you have gone from a little chat in the office to now sharing a love of mine "the blog"

You are going to have the best time and meet some great stitchers from around the world, in turn they are going to be able to see your beautiful cross stitch pieces and not help but be very impressed....so welcome and have fun!

Lee-ann

Gina E. said...

Hi Lindy,
Lee-ann introduced me to you, and of course I had to visit immediately to see what another cross stitcher is up to! I LOVE that tiger!! I would never attempt anything so complex - I don't know if my eyes could cope! My current project is an American Indian Chief which I have been working on for about 20 years. Mind you I've done a heap of stuff inbetween times, but nothing as big as this. I swear I'll never do another big one again - I just get tired of them and impatient to be finished.
If you have a spare moment inbetween family/work/stitching, do pop into Patra's Place!
Gina.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! I've added you to my favourites so I'll be sure to come back!

That tiger is just fantastic!!!

Aussie Stitcher said...

Hi Lindy, thanks for visiting my blog and for leaving a comment, your tiger looks wonderful, so does the one of the racing car. I will add you to my bloglines so that I do not miss a thing.

Joanne

Anonymous said...

This piece is absolutely gorgeous!!

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving your kind regards.